2007-08-06

Edward Grigassy announces new blog

Hi everyone! I am inaugurating this blog and christening it with a bottle of non-alcoholic champagne!

I just got back to Houston after attending and video taping the Fort Worth Guitar Guild's Music Festival 2007. It was great! The people were friendly and the artists top-notch.

Earlier this summer I attended and served as videographer at the Boston GuitarFest 2007. The fest was outstanding and I have lots of pictures, footage and interviews to share.

Here are a few photos:



This one of myself with Steve Lin the Assistant Director (and believe me he worked hard for that title;).

And here with Eliot Fisk, the Artistic Director, as well as a true guitar virtuoso and musical genius.

I recommend both events to guitarist and music lovers everywhere. Later I'll post the links of some of the video highlights of these festivals.

2 comments:

Paloma said...

How cool! Cheers [clink of glasses] and best wishes on this new endeavor. Hopefully you'll share some of utube videography links here too. Thanks for sharing more of your talents with your adoring fans.

Tobias Heyl said...

Hi Edward,

I just saw one of your youtube.com videos and I got very enthusiastic listening to your very good play.

I am commenting this entry because you mentioned Elliot Fisk, which was the former teacher of my former guitar teacher, Matthias Röder, when he studied in Salzburg (now he studies or even teaches at Hardward as far as I know).

Unfortunately my lessons with him only lasted one year, I then dropped out because my guitar was too crappy. Now I haven't had a lesson in the last seven years, lots of the techniques are almost gone ... too bad, I am really sad about it. But good listening to that kind of music to perform with such virtuosity!

Best regards from Bonn, Germany!
Tobias